Tuesday, 31 May 2011
Berthold Bauer Property VAT Consultants would like to take this opportunity to remind you that we offer a FREE VAT Advisory Service for queries relating to VAT relief on building and construction for any Architectural practice.
A brief reminder, by default VAT is levied at the Standard Rate on all construction works apart from the following-
· New build residential units - presuming full demolition of prior structures, bar any mandatory facade retention.
· Alteration works, with Listed Building Consent, to Listed Buildings. (being in a Conservation Area is not sufficient)
· Conversion of non-residential buildings into residential use.
· Altering the number of dwellings in a building; such as increasing / decreasing the number of flats, houses into flats etc.
· Renovation of dwellings uninhabited for more than 2 years.
· Certain new builds and extensions to charitable buildings.
· Commercial developments.
Professional fees always attract VAT at the Standard Rate and usually result in an irrecoverable VAT burden.
VAT relief is not automatic and needs to be proven to the Contractor along with a suitable apportionment showing precisely where VAT relief may be applied. As it is the sole responsibility – and liability – of the Contractor to account for VAT correctly; they must charge VAT in full if no apportionment is provided (or indeed if they are not comfortable undertaking an apportionment themselves).
If you have any queries regarding VAT then we are happy to offer our FREE expert VAT advice either via email email@example.com or on 0871 288 7266.
Alternatively, we will be running another CPD VAT seminar on September 27/28th in Birmingham. Here we will be covering various case studies on VAT and HMRC approvals, plus increase you’re VAT Knowledge and discover how you can make savings for your clients.
If you would like to reserve a place or have further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org .